Offers & Events
Watford to be placed in Tier 2
It has been announced that Hertfordshire and Watford has been placed as a high-risk area in the government’s strengthened system of Local COVID-19 Alert Levels, effective as of Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
This means that Watford has been upgraded from the tier previously in before the lockdown. Despite seeing a plateau in the number of cases locally, the numbers are still higher than where we want them to be. But we have been making progress recently in ensuring the case numbers are not rising, so we must continue to do what we can to not go backwards.
The key new restrictions that we face being in Tier 2 are:
• No socialising with anyone outside your household or support bubble in any indoor setting
• Rule of 6 applies outdoors
• Pubs and bars must close unless operating as restaurants, with venues only able to sell alcohol with substantial meals
• Hospitality venues that remain open have to close at 11pm and call last orders at 10pm
The government have said they plan on reviewing the assigned tiers on a fortnightly basis, so there is still a possibility that the alert level for Watford could be reduced if we really focus on limiting social contact with others and only going out when necessary.
We are therefore appealing to everyone in Watford to remain vigilant and follow the key advice from the government:
• Regularly wash your hands
• Cover your face when in public indoor spaces or where in close proximity to others
• Maintain a social distance of 2 metres where possible
• Isolate if asked to
• Get tested if you have any of the common symptoms: a high fever, new or continuous dry cough, loss of taste or smell.