Watford Council announces next Pensioners’ Forum
Watford Borough Council is inviting pensioners from across the town to take part in another engagement opportunity that gives older residents the chance to access useful advice and information and to have their say on a range of issues affecting them.
The event which is hosted by the council in partnership with the Watford & Three Rivers Trust takes place between 2 to 4pm on Tuesday 10 March, in Committee Rooms 2 and 3 at the Town Hall in Watford. It is free to attend and it is a great way for residents in Watford to meet, new people and chat over tea and cake.
Deputy Mayor Karen Collett will chair the event and a range of guest speakers will participate in the session including:
• Lisa Goldsobel from Two Generations Homeshare: an organisation brokering mutually beneficial homeshare relationships
• Bob Curtis from the Repair Shed: a mend and make social enterprise for practically minded over 50s males
• Sarah Sullivan from DRUM: a user led charity providing activities, services and support to adults with disabilities
• Oliver Steadman from Independent Age: a charity providing advice and support for older people
• Vanessa Wright from Neighbours Together: a new project aimed at tackling social isolation and loneliness in Watford and Three Rivers
Deputy Mayor Cllr Karen Collett said: “I’m glad that so many of our residents came to our forums last year – they were really successful. I hope to see even more people next month and find out what really matters to you, as well as hear some useful information from our guest speakers. We are working hard to make Watford a town for everyone so I’m really pleased to offer our older residents this opportunity. Please do come along if you’d like to be involved and tell anyone who you think may be interested. We look forward to seeing you there.”
To book a free place, or find out more visit: www.watford.gov.uk/forum. You can also email email@example.com or call 01923 216967.