Make your business lip reading friendly
The COVID-19 pandemic has had an unexpected and devastating effect on the deaf and hearing loss community. Although necessary, face masks have made navigating the world incredibly difficult as those who are deaf or have hearing loss rely on lip-reading and facial expression to communicate with others.
Top Tips to Making Your Business Hearing Loss Friendly:
• Download the poster from: https://livingwithhearingloss.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/POSTER-2021-LIP-READING-FRIENDLY.pdf
• Put it in your window and by the till so those with hearing loss know you are lip reading friendly.
• Make sure your staff are aware of the exemption card and sunflower disability scheme.
• Ensure everyone knows to stand a safe distance and lower their mask when speaking.
• Have a notepad and pen to hand.
• Where possible, get your staff to wear clear masks.