Car Parking changes at Woodside Leisure Centre
A new car parking system will be in operation at Woodside Leisure Centre from 16 January, which will benefit leisure centre users by allowing more people to park at the site throughout the whole day and providing formal parking facilities for pick-ups and drop-offs.
Parking will still be free, but the maximum time a vehicle can stay for in the lower car parks is four hours. This is following feedback from leisure centre users, who reported they were sometimes unable to park at the site due to people parking for long periods in the parking spaces closest to the leisure centre. Therefore, seven obtain and display parking machines have been installed at the Woodside Leisure Centre lower car parks – restrictions at the top car park, by the cricket club and boxing club, remains unchanged.
Anyone wishing to park in the lower car parks will need to display a valid ticket, which is obtained by entering their car registration in the ticket machine.
The aim of the new system is to discourage people from parking in the lower car parks all day and free up much needed spaces for users of the leisure centre and includes the following rules:
• Car park users are required on arrival to get a ticket from one of the seven obtain and display parking machines located in the lower carparks.
• The ticket must be displayed clearly in the vehicle windscreen
• After the free four hour period has elapsed there will be no return to park within one hour.
• Failure to display a valid ticket will result in a parking fine PCN (Penalty Charge Notice).
• The enforcement will be undertaken by Watford Borough Council’s parking service
• Current hours of operation for parking will still apply: Monday to Friday 6.30am to 10.30pm and Saturday and Sunday 7.30am to 8pm
• The maximum four hour stay will also apply to disabled blue badge holders – which you will still be required to obtain and display a ticket from one of the machines.
• The four hour restriction will not apply to the top car park (adjacent to the cricket pitch).
• New pick up and drop off spaces have been installed along the access road to the leisure centre reception. These bays will be restricted to a maximum stay of 20 minutes.
Woodside Leisure Centre has a gym that features state-of-the-art equipment designed to suit all fitness needs, while the two pools play host to award-winning swimming lessons. For further information on Woodside Leisure Centre and the parking, visit www.watford.gov.uk/woodsideparking